Exploring Opportunities in Government IT
DECEMBER 5, 2017 • SAINT PAUL RIVERCENTRE
The inaugural Career Connection event brings together IT representatives from state, county and city agencies to connect Minnesotans with opportunities in government. More than just a job fair, Career Connection provides attendees with the opportunity to engage with employers face-to-face and gain a better understanding of the opportunities available in government agencies.
- Hear from a panel of new and experience Government IT workers
- Get a behind-the-scenes look into a career with unique experiences and many opportunities to make a difference
- Exchange ideas with other student peers and government agencies
- Ignite connections that can last a lifetime
- Find mentors in leaders who have climbed the ladder to the top
- Explore career opportunities in government and non-profit agencies
Dispelling the Myth of "Boring" Government Jobs
While almost everyone agrees working for the government brings steady work and good perks, many believe a government job is boring. The fact is, a 2015 study revealed that government workers rank among the "happiest" of employees because their work is important and there are many opportunities to learn. Within IT, the demand for talent is exceeding supply, creating more job opportunities than ever.
The panel will address the community challenges of pursuing a career in IT and government. In addition, representatives will be available to share information on full-time and internship opportunities within their organization! See the complete agenda below!